Thursday, March 10, 2011

Boycotting...

I am boycotting winter...with snow still on the ground...it's just getting old. It's mid-March Mother Nature! Seriously...
~~
Stewart Little looks great, took her in for some acupuncture...and also had a check up with the important people that encompass the "Taking Care Of The Full Tilt Dogs Who Are Perpetually Broken" group :) She is looking great :) Moving well, no limping this am...good stuff. My dogs seems injured a lot I suppose...but really, with 7 dogs, it's just a matter of time :) Someone will always have something going on. They are athletes after all, and athletes do stuff. Maybe even run into walls...maybe. Or maybe that's just Lynn.
~~
I am grateful to have such an awesome group of qualified professionals to take good care of them. Each of my dogs get a massage (by me) weekly...and then they all go in for massages/chiro etc when needed. I have my hands on my dogs all the time, so when little things develop, I can get it fixed asap so it doesn't turn into a major thing.
~~
Keeping dogs in top shape can be tough...winter doesn't help :) We have a trial coming up, so I guess actually getting my dogs on equipment would be a good thing. Lynn, we will just see how she is. I didn't pull her as I had her entered in just one class or maybe two each day...so if she can run, great...if she can't, no biggie. Those that have seen her say that she should be fine...so if she is, we will just go out and play :) Train and have fun.
~~
The husband is planning on a trial in April too...I think I will just let him go along by himself (well with Crackers)...take that month off. Trials for me are just to see where I am in my training, weaknesses and what I need to work on. I have PLENTY to work on :) No since in driving all that way to figure that out! Spring will eventually come...right?
~~
They got my entries to the LOLBCA USBCHA trial....not sure if I got in yet though...have to get Klink back going again on sheep. It took me last time about 3 weeks to get her back into fighting shape this fall...solidifying her flanks, freeing up her eye a bit...taking downs etc. Just polishing. And her stamina/conditioning...which is different from agility conditioning. It will be fun to run her in Open Ranch...see where she is. Lots to work on between now and then. Spring...again, please...hurry.
~~
I am so ready to get everyone on sheep...Even will really get to work this year, Lynn, Gator, Klink and Zip as well...really want to get them all working well...tick, tock, tick,tock...
~~
Guitar is going well...horribly addictive...I just tend to get tunnel vision when it comes to challenging things :) It's so nice though...and I am learning so much...it's fun to learn, and to be challenged :) I am getting better...still suck, but less suck :)
~~
Weight loss is going well, losing between 1-2 pounds a week. Slow and steady...just life now. I love that :)
~~
So...in honor of my Boycotting Winter...my pictures :)
~~
Day 67: THIS is happiness :)

I love the way dogs look when they are content, and tired, and in the sun. Just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Day 68: Remember?? Anyone that reads the blog remember Lynn's "Mohawk" phase when she was itty bitty?? LOL I forgot all about it...thank goodness that is all gone. She looks like a hyena in this photo! :)

Please spring...please?? I miss you!

1 comment:

An English Shepherd said...

Winter can be chilly and its nice to be warm inside :-)