Monday, October 11, 2010

We are here!

Just got to Louisville and are now settled into the hotel :) The dogs are happy to be out of the crates, and have been playing non stop since we got in.

We were a bit worried about the hotel as we were heading towards it, going through some pretty shady parts of the city, but it is fine...no ghetto cruisers or anything :)

Took everyone for a walk in the 90 degree weather, everyone was into that except poor Klink, she looked at me like I had 3 heads...

I am excited about this week, I feel my dogs are ready and I am ready. I pulled my calf muscle yesterday, but it is feeling much better today, so I am sure I will be just fine. Lucky for me, when I run, the adrenaline takes over and I don't feel the pain, until after...

The only downer for me is Grand Prix...Gator doesn't like the "main ring" jumps...he knocked one badly 2 years ago, actually limping out of the ring (he was fine...just a zinger) and STILL remembers it...last year in the main ring he had a bad runs also...nothing I can do to change things, he either will be fine with it or won't. He has GP Quarterfinals in there...so hoping for the best. I will just run and enjoy it, and hopefully he won't get too bothered. Maybe he forgot :)

I guess if he bombs out on those jumps again this year, I will have to make some of my own that look just like them and get him ok with it. So we will see :)

I have trained my dogs, they are running well, I am mentally prepared, so now is the time I actually get very excited and not nervous...and just enjoy it. This is one week a year, and in the entire scheme of life it is very small. So I just want to have fun and try to relax. Andy however...needs a Zoloft...or maybe Crackers needs a Zoloft...give one to both :) Just kidding.....
kinda... :)

And a rant---I saw a woman with two border collies LET HER DOGS PISS ON THE SIDE OF THE HOTEL. Seriously? I had all my dogs on leash and I was across the parking lot from her...but I still should have said something...John Q Public is bad enough with picking up after dogs and NOT letting them pee on everything. A dog trained KNOWS better. Grrrrrrrrrr

So I plan on updating as much as I can...we don't run many classes each day (I think one day I have 3 because of GP Quarterfinals)...but otherwise it is just really going to be weird only running once or twice a day!

And, I will say it...people are probably going to hate me...but....I miss Arizona. I really do. I miss the awesome weather, the facility, running on grass OUTSIDE, all the room to let dogs run, the sun, sun and more sun. The long drive sucks, sure, but the scenery was worth it...I wanted Andy to see that with me...and well..it won't be happening this year. I really hope they move it back...honestly. No stabbings please :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't hate you!!! I miss Arizona too!! (even though I'm not in Kentucky right now, it's a dirt arena, and I know it wouldn't even come close to being as awesome as Arizona)

Good luck!!

(P.S. Gator, main ring jumps aren't scary. Go kick butt! Love, Rev)

Loretta Mueller said...

No..I don't think it can come as close as Arizona :) Just not possible...

Thanks for the luck :) I will take it!

Keep telling Gator this Rev :) He sometimes gets worried about big scarey wooden jump bars that attack his wittle feetsies :)

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow - I can't believe Even left me a comment on my blog! Mom has been thinking a lot about her and how long she has had to rest - don't know how you guys did it because mom went crazy in just two weeks. But I am her only dog and she focuses ALL of her attention on me!

Good luck this week! I will be very excited to read all about it.I hope Gator forgets all about his main ring nerves. And tell Andy and Crackers to relax and have fun - they are an awesome team no matter what happens this week!

Anonymous said...

I expect there will be kinks to work out this year in Kentucky and next year will be the better year to compare how it works compared to AZ. My proximity to AZ (9 hour drive) makes me the wrong person to rave about the facility, but if nothing else, there are direct flights to Scottsdale! And grass to run on, dirt is just so, dirty. Good luck!!!

Laura and Wick said...

"I have trained my dogs, they are running well, I am mentally prepared, so now is the time I actually get very excited and not nervous...and just enjoy it. This is one week a year, and in the entire scheme of life it is very small. So I just want to have fun and try to relax."

I just wanted to say I love this attitude and I adopted it as my mantra about halfway through nationals, which is when I read it. I tend to get nervous and get really critical of myself and my handling and every little mistake, so reading this really put me in the right frame of mind - just go have fun darnit! Anyway wanted to thank you for reminding me of things I sometimes forget in the heat of moment.

"I have trained my dogs, they are running well, I am mentally prepared, so now is the time I actually get very excited and not nervous...and just enjoy it. This is one week a year, and in the entire scheme of life it is very small. So I just want to have fun and try to relax."

I enjoyed watching you run and hope you did indeed have fun. :-)

Loretta Mueller said...

Laura--glad I could help :) The only time this week I got upset was during Grand Prix Quarterfinals when Klink ran INTO me, clipping my shins because she didn't collect...I said OUCH THAT HURT!!!! :) I think I deserved that one! I still have the bruises! BRAT! :)