Monday, July 2, 2012

Ever...

Have one of those weekends where things just are off?

Yeah...well, I kinda had that. A weekend of flukes...

We forgot the video camera....so I have runs, but I will have to get them from my friend off of her camera :)

Gator was lovely...only fluke he had was falling off the DW on Saturday during a lovely standard run. Weird....Otherwise he as clean in every run. He ended up having to be pulled before Snooker on Sunday...just too much tightness in his back (guessing from the fall)...

Klink had lovely runs...but had a bar in Jumpers, Grand Prix and Standard...come to find out she has pulled some tendons in her right foot. Great. Sigh. So ice, ice and more ice. And rest. Poor kid!

Lynn---had lots of lovely things. DW's were not on that list. The entries were tough, the exits were tougher...and yeah. Over her head. She hit one out of 4...that was it. I wasn't able to be there for most of them. THAT sucked. Otherwise, her Aframes were LOVELY :)  LOL :) She's getting faster and really catching Gator and Klink in the times...love it.   

But the DW exits really hurt her confidence...bleh. Bleh, bleh, bleh...

I have been contemplating having both a running and a stop. This weekend sure did put that more on the "yes have both" side...hmmmmm....ponder, ponder, ponder.  If I could only run like the husband :) I can't. So...like I tell my students...it just requires more training. And a training I shall go....

The good? Handling wise, I felt like I was pushing this weekend...which was nice. Taking some chances. Also nice. I had fun, nice. 

My students did awesome, it was so neat seeing them handle the courses :) LOVED THAT!!

So...until the end of July in Duluth for their USDAA, I have some things to work on...

RDW are good for me, RDW are good for me, RDW are good for me...I'll keep chanting this...OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

I think we ALL wish we could run as fast as your husband! Or in my case, even half as fast. ;o) Silly men and their enhanced athletic ability. My uterus weighs me down!!

hahahahahaha Or it could be the ice cream habit.