Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vittles and Mange--Nice Combo Eh?

First off...Vittles the kitty :)

Day 144: Surveying her kingdom...
When we found Vittles as a young kitten...I had my doubts. The husband said she would be outside, would not be an inside kitty...etc etc etc...then when she "needed" to be in the garage in the winter...I had more doubts.
But...she is seriously about the best cat I could possibly have. She comes into the garage, doesn't even use a litter box...goes to the potty area WITH the dog pack...not kidding...see??
She is basically part of the pack! Craziness...

Life is good for Vittles :)
And I have to admit...I do like her, most of the time anyway :) So we spayed her, gave her shots, dewormer, Frontline etc...and she became one of the crew here...
Then something happened...which Vittles was NOT happy about. We agreed on this one...
Enter Miss Cleo...another kitty, another FEMALE...grrrrrrrr
She came in and tried to take over...we had Jerry Springer kitty fights going on ALL THE TIME.

But Vittles won out...
And Miss Cleo learned to keep a distance...
Of course we had to catch her, and spay her as we didn't want a bunch of creepy, abnormally small, snot nosed, inbred farm kitties hanging around...she's friendly for the most part. But...
She's just annoying to have around...we both wish she would scram...it messes with our Zen moments...
Luckily she doesn't get on Vittles agility equipment...that would be bad, VERY BAD...
Yeah...you keep walking Miss Cleo...AWAY from my dogwalk...
My pretty rubberized dogwalk that I like to claw on...that is missing a plank currently because Even is borrowing it...but it's MINE...ALL MINE...
Yep...just keep walkin'...or I'm gonna get all gangsta up in yo grill...
Ahhhhh...peace has been restored...
Vittles lives at the house, Miss Cleo lives in the barn...those are the rules. They must be followed...

Oh...and BTW...
Vittles has a kiss ass running dogwalk :)
I'm going to start giving seminars very soon on my method...I think cats with running contacts is going to be the next big thang...
Now the only time we have issues is when Miss Cleo decides she wants to be all daredevil and take a stroll up to the house...as if Vittles isn't going to know...
Whaaaaaa? I'm not at the house...nope, nope nope...
I'm watching you...
If you were't here, watching me...I would totally be kicking her ass right now...just sayin'. And she would...I've seen it, heard it, broke the fights up...cats fight all ghetto...no holding back.

Why do cats always lick their butts...seriously!?!?! ANY possible moment of downtime...or company that is over...just odd...anyway...

Remember those pretty pictures I took of Lynn a few weeks ago??
How about this one? You remember?? She had a full coat...all pretty and such...
You ever see foxes in the spring, you see one and go "OMG A FOX!!"...then you take a closer look and it's all scraggley, missing hair...looks like it has "THE MANGE"...

yyeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh...well...exhibit A:
Hello Mangy, Scraggely Lynn...

This dog doesn't just shed out...she like, loses ALL HER FUR in a day. Gorgeous coat on Monday, Tuesday night it's all GONE.
NOT an attractive look...unless you like your dogs to look like a mule...a huge eared, big headed mule...
Thank goodness she will replace all that hair...but for the next few weeks...her nickname is SKANKY!!!
Oh...and apparently Lynn doesn't know the "stand" command :) Along with a "with me" for snooker still...so that's why she is standing like a saddlebred/foundered horse...note to self: teach a stand.
Don't judge me...she'll be pretty again in a month or so :-)) Maybe it will make her more aerodynamic?!?!?!

3 comments:

kiwichick said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning Loretta :-)

Loretta Mueller said...

No problemo! :-)) LOL

gvmama said...

I love your blog and your dogs. You are so funny....love the captions... Looking like a saddlebred or foundered horse. LOL. Suzanne