Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lynn...

A short video of Lynn working...figured I would work her in the roundpen just to work on giving to pressure. I like to go back to the roundpen on occasion to work on things. If you are not into herding, this probably will be boring :) But me personally, I could watch it all day! LOL

I was VERY happy that Lynn isn't sound sensitive, didn't even realize there were gunshots going off until I was looking at the video! :)


She is coming along, figuring out what I want and I am really enjoying her :)She has both her mother and her father in her...

She is a very natural driving dog, so I am not working a ton of driving on her just yet. She wants to drive all the time if I gave her the option :) Spot is going to be starting lessons with me next week, very excited about that!

6 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

I don't know anything about herding but I found your video fascinating! It was neat to be able to hear what you were saying to Lynn - seems like she did quite well. What a great work out for her (and you - not getting trampled by the sheep - LOL!). I think herding would be great for Ricky - wish I lived near you so you could teach us!

BCxFour said...

She looks very nice!

Loretta Mueller said...

Thanks Ricky! I would say move up here, but really, maybe I should just move down there! LOL

Thanks Carolynn :) I really like her!

Chris and Ricky said...

LOL! I don't really want to live in Minnesota but I don't think you want to live in Ohio either! But it is a great agility area!

Taryn said...

I enjoyed watching that! I had both my corgis tested for instinct and they both passed. My older boy especially turned on to it. Quite amazing to watch and see what they know innately. I wish I had the time and money to take him to lessons. Agility eats my training fund!

Kirby @ dognerd101.blogspot.com said...

Such a cool video! I love being able to hear you work her, so cool. I am getting my Hungarian Mudi started in herding, and as a green handler myself, these types of videos are SO informative. I know my dog has some great natural instincts, but I have to figure what the heck I am supposed to do out there too. Great video, thanks for sharing!