Monday, July 5, 2010

Even Steven...

Well...Even Steven may be flying to Maryland! TOPS recommended I take her to Dr. Sherman Canapp of VOSM

http://www.vetsportsmedicine.com/about/index.html

He is looking at her x-rays and all the 7 months of crap I have on her lameness. And he will recommend what to do next. So we will see.

Anyone wanna put me up while I am in Maryland?? LOL Do some agility, some herding? It would be fun, if I have to endure an airplane flight (which I HATE!) if I could meet some new people at least :) Yeah I know, very doubtful, but thought I would throw it out there :)

So we will see. I have heard nothing but good things on Dr. Canapp, so if we have to go to Maryland, then that is what we will be doing. Tis life, and I want my dog fixed. If TOPS recommends him, then that is probably our next step!

Good news is, I have just let Even be a dog, she can go hiking, swimming and whatever, doesn't seem to cause her to get worse. So she is getting to be a dog, mostly ;)

Onward and Upward!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Did the CT scan show anything??

Bummer that you'll have to fly out with her.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Sherman Canapp performed bilateral OCD surgery on my (then) 6-month-old Border collie, who came through the operation like a champ - no apparent complications nearly ten months later. He has a great reputation as a surgeon. Best of luck in getting your pup's problem diagnosed and repaired! You can PM me (Alchemist on the BC Boards) if you want more info.

Chris and Ricky said...

Sounds like Even would be going to see the best! Wish we lived in Maryland - we would love to help you guys out. But we'll have to settle for sending you good thoughts and healing wishes for Even.

Loretta Mueller said...

Thanks! I will definetly be PM'ing you!

Ellie said...

Best of luck to Miss Even!

Debra Kay said...

Poor Even. I hope you get it all worked out.