Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some dogs never change....

Oh darling Zip...she will turn 6 years old this coming April...and she is just as much of a pushy little hootch as ever on sheep.

Today she decided that while she was holding the sheep off of the hay feeders..that running in on them and giving one ewe a little "love nibble" was acceptable. It wasn't a hard bite, just a little grip...quick and she let go immediately....flossing her teeth with a bit o' wool.....

Sure...the ewe was looking at her--but not like she wanted a fight....Zip was just looking to be a little naughty...and what would life on the farm be without Zip being naughty? I wasn't expecting it so it scared the crap out of me!

Runs are always interesting with that girl...me blowing her steady whistle...and down whistles...being a brake for that little bugger--she DOES love her sheep...and sometimes her need to push on the sheep can cause disagreements between us...but we have learned to share the reins (I get one and she gets one--she doesn't want to share...but EVERYONE has to share!). She can be quite the bugger...but I adore her :-))

I guess she felt she needed to stir things up a bit...keep me and the sheep on our toes. Here I am thinking at almost 6 she would be mature to not be naughty....yeah..well she showed me...

Meanwhile Klink is standing there like a good girl (what!?!? THE STINK BEING GOOD!??!) and looking at Zip like "momma is gonna be MAD at you Zip!"...

Klinker is a good girl...she is the same way though...very much on the bit and would rather me not be out there.....all those rules! However she is an amazing little dog and for once in her life she was being the GOOD DOG! Weird......

Gator was busy pacing the fenceline..trying to figure out how to get into the pasture (the gate was open).....well lets just say he is a VERY SWEET dog :-)) I adore him :-))

Ace was peeing on something and Crackers was eating sheep crap...nice...

Zip was quite happy with herself after all of this.....pranced out of the pasture with a huge smile on her face....at what point in her pregnancy will she settle down? I am guessing not until the very end :-))

2 comments:

Sarah said...

fun descriptions!

I see your guys like to floss their teeth a bit too :)

and Jane and Crackers, well what can I say, sheep s*it is the best!

Loretta Mueller said...

Yeah...they can be naughty little buggers :-)

I am sure that Zip is thinking with all this diva treatment she is the QUEEN....ugh (shaking my head).

Maybe someday those two little white dogs will meet :)