Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Motivation...

Day 46: I did it... The entry for the Land Of Lincoln USBCHA trial is in the mail (well not our actual mailbox...it's at the post office...but this will do, the postal people didn't want their pictures taken...and with the history of "postal" workers...I didn't want to make them mad :)
~~
And yes...there is a jolly ball in the paper holder...not sure how it got there, but it seems very fitting :) Maybe that is why Lynn has been staring at the mailbox all week on our walks...like DUH Loretta!
~~
Klink will be running in Open Ranch...and my a** will be smaller in case someone takes a pictures of it while I am at the post (sad to say, one of my motivators for losing weight). Maybe not as small as I would like it to be, but that is OK :)
~~
Now to actually get her on sheep:) LOL I should have about a month or so to work her before the trial. So April will be filled with trips to bigger fields, but I think she will be fine. As KK said, if she knows how to outrun properly...she will outrun properly :) M-kay...we shall see :) She's the expert after all!
~~
When we went down to KK's, she was a bit on the bit the first run, but then with each time settled back into "trained Klink"...so I am not really worried. SHE IS TRAINED, SHE IS TRAINED, SHE IS TRAINED. And trained by me...all me...so whatever mistakes she makes are mine...and I am good with that :)
~~
Her biggest issue with lack of work is, she is pushy anyway, that gets worse, AND, she likes to lean on her sheep as much as possible...something that we work on and she does well with, when I work her :)
~~
My problem is I forget the f-ing flank commands when I don't work my dogs...so I will have a month as well :) Hopefully that can be fixed :) Usually I am like Klink...an idiot at first...then remove head from a** and move on :)
~~
I completely forgot about entering The Bluegrass...not sure if my brain was telling me "DON'T DO IT!!!!" subconsciously...but regardless, I forgot. Oh well...next year.
~~
I am not nervous about running her, it's just been awhile since I have done a trial...but realistically...I just want to see where she is at. I don't have any ideas of grandeur, or of complete and catastrophic failure...(thought the later would be more likely to happen)...I just want to run her :) So I am hoping I get in.
~~
On a 180 degree turn...
~~
Today: Lynn goes to conquer the rubberized DW...she will probably run it perfectly... :)
~~
And again, onto another tangent...one of my students has the CUTEST dog ever :) A little Papillon named Dasher...I love this dog. If I was to get a small dog, it would be one like Dasher...love him :)

Don't you just want to HUG him? Too bad, he isn't really into that :) LOL

So I took some pictures of him...and I will now bombard you with cute, GIANT EARED pictures :)You talkin' about me? I'm too sexy for this turf, too sexy for this turf, too sexy it hurts... Dancing Dash!!!I mean...how could you NOT like that face? The husband calls him a "pap smear" APPARENTLY he doesn't appreciate me teaching someone with a 12" jumping Pap...and teaching it a running DW...whateva :) LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.... Melting...awwwwwww

I think I might be able to whoop up on Dasher's owner, but she is kinda wiry and can run (she runs marathons...craziness)...so maybe not...

Or maybe... :-D

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

I WANT! The Papillon is so totally going to be my next dog (I decided this a while ago - it'll be either a Pap or a Pembroke Welsh Corgi). I love those dogs. It's like a Border Collie in a small, adorable package. Thanks for sharing those pictures. I loved the sexy caption. That totally made my night. :D