Friday, February 6, 2009

Effects of noise...

To help get the puppies used to noise...I purchased a "sound" CD...has all sorts of noises....chainsaws, buzzers, rain on a tin roof etc....we have been clanging pots around...making lots of noises..shutting doors etc. Nothing...puppies could care less (granted..with my personality a dog that can't handle loud noises...well.... :)

I got another cd, this time agility noises...people yelling out commands, teeters slamming, buzzers, Go noises..dogs barking...etc etc...

Again nothing...well..from the puppies...heck....all of them fell asleep :)

The Adult dogs, another story :)

Zip looked around, trying to find the tunnel when she heard that word....and proceeded to bark at me like she does when I am not handling right on course :)

Klink attempted to hunt down the handler that was loudly handling....she couldn't find that woman ANYWHERE! And she looked in every possible place!!!! Where is she and BOY I think she is having fun!!! WHERE MOM WHERE!?!?!??

Gator looked at the ceiling..not sure WHY....but I guess agility equals looking at the ceiling....maybe it was the bird noises..

Ace went and laid down---thinking "screw this, I am retired"...

Crackers help the sphinx position...ears all alert..ready to run at the drop of a hat...

The puppies....just slept on.... :) Apparently loud noises are not an issue.....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG i almost spewed my latte :)

Gator does what Jane does, if she can't figure out where a noise is coming from, she looks at the ceiling.

what good pups, just slept through it all )

ill have to write a blog post about Gyp and the androgynous "GO" sound, that was a 'fun' desensitization process ....

THE Princess Diaries said...

Well glad to hear that the puppies are desensitized:))