Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just to see what it would do....


Since the weather was ABOVE zero today (woo hoo!) I decided to try to work dogs...which really was a joke as it gets really hard to work sheep through 2+ feet of snow...I tried, but we didn't get a ton of work...

I had to single out a ewe and a late lamb we had---it is not her lamb, HOWEVER apparently the little bugger is nursing off of her...so we needed to get him away from her and into another pen.

I took the camera, and although it was basically dark when I was out there...I was surprised how much light the camera picked up on! I just worked Klink...









I love this picture...Klink holding that ewe and lamb...you can see their breath :-))

Um..we really don't want to go that way..... OK! We're going!




Gee..I wonder why the hay gets spread all over the place...??Hmmmmmm

7 comments:

BCxFour said...

OMG I am dying laughing here from the last picture!!!

Those photos are awesome...but I still hate your new camera.

Someday soon the jealousy will fade...*sigh*

Loretta Mueller said...

My sheep crack me up :) Brats!

D said...

Very cool pictures! Klink didn't seem to mind the snow at all.

Darci said...

Lovely pics, though I sure dont envy you your snow. To many years in Utah, and though I miss Utah, I sure dont miss the snow.

Loretta Mueller said...

Oh trust me...I don't want the snow either. If we could move south I would be very very happy :)

Laura said...

That last shot is awesome! I know it's tough to work in snow, but it does make for some pretty shots ;-)

dreameyce said...

Haha, I looove that last pic! One of my least favorite things about Sheep when I had them, is how darn wasteful they can be :)